Hi Julie Ann Art readers! I’m Alice from Whisketeers and I am so happy to be here today, to share this recipe with you. Tiramisu is probably my favorite dessert, right after ice cream, and if I ever eat out it’s what I order, if it’s on the menu. A typical tiramisu is made of biscuits, mascarpone, eggs and coffee. But not everyone likes coffee, and some have concerns over raw eggs, which is why you can find different variations of this great dish. I decided to make a strawberry one, and I hope you like it as much as I do.
This makes 3 ice cream bowls of tiramisu. If you’re making this for your family/more people, you can double the ingredients. Or even triple them!
1) Whisk the cream in one bowl. In a separate bowl mix together the mascarpone, sugar and vanilla beans. Then add whipped cream and mix gently until combined and creamy.
2) Mix together strawberry compote and orange juice.
3) Take either a large bowl or a few small ones. Dip the biscuits (you might have to break them in half, if using smaller cups) into the strawberry mixture, then place them in the bowl. Don’t dip them for too long – they have to be moist, but not too soft.
4) Top the biscuits with a layer of mascarpone mixture. Then spread strawberries on top, and repeat until the bowl is full.
5) Decorate your tiramisu any way you like. I used strawberries and sliced almonds.
6) Cool your tiramisu in the fridge for at least 2 hours. You can even leave it in overnight. That way the biscuits will be moist, and the layers will stick together perfectly. Enjoy!
Join the discussion 8 Comments
Looks amazingly yummy! Thanks for sharing.
That looks sinfully good! Thanks for sharing! 😀
I love tiramisu and this version looks amazing…yum!
Wow this looks delish, Strawberries are my fav. Thanks for sharing!
gosh I wish I was allowed to have sugar — this looks amazing.
that looks incredible! ive always loved the idea of tiramisu but hate coffee, i had no idea there was an alternative. thank you!
mini tiramisus!??!?! i need to make this!!!
Sandy a la Mode
Hi everyone, I’m so happy you all like this! 🙂