Happy Monday! How was your weekend? We spent all day yesterday checking out venues in Palm Springs (and I think we made some progress!). Today I’m continuing to immerse myself in holiday card designing (almost there!) but the lovely Emily, of Anna Delores Photography, is here to share a mouth-watering fajita recipe with you! Here she is:
“Greetings, JAA readers! I’m so excited to share this recipe with you today, created by Marlene Bernstein at Savour This Moment. Marlene and I got together to play with food and photography, and this is just one of the delightful dishes dreamed up. Enjoy!
Mushroom and Onion Fajitas (serves four)
- 8 Corn Tortillas
- 1 Clove of grated Garlic
- 1 Cup of sliced Mushrooms
- 1 Cup of sliced Red Onions
- 1 Cup of “Sun-dried” Oven-Roasted Grape Tomatoes
- White Balsamic Vinegar
- Olive Oil
- Optional: Feta Cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F. Toss grape tomatoes with olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Line sheet pan with parchment paper or foil and spread tomatoes evenly. Roast in oven until roasted and has the appearance of sun-dried tomatoes, but not burnt then set aside.
- Coat saute pan with olive oil and bring to medium heat add in onions and grated garlic and stir until tender. Next, add in mushrooms (mushrooms tend to absorb the oil, so if necessary add more olive oil), season with salt and pepper, stirring occasionally until tender.
- Place mushrooms, onions, and grape tomatoes in tortillas and dress with your favorite spicy dressing; we used Thai Chile Cilantro Dressing from Savour This Sauce, which Marlene makes from scratch!
- Option: top with feta cheese
YUM. Thanks again to Julie for inviting me over today. I hope you’ll check out the Anna Delores
blog one of these days, too! :)”