“Hello Julie Ann Art readers! I’m Heidi, from Row House 14. Similarly to Julie, I own a small shop in which I design and make greeting cards and stationery, but when I’m not busy with that I absolutely love cooking and baking. When Julie asked me to write a guest post for her, I knew that I had to share one of my tasty treats. She always seems to be making a yummy concoction of some sort and I figured this would be right down her alley.
This recipe for Marble Squares is one that I’ve been baking for years. It’s a simple cake-like brownie that has a cream cheese topping. Aside from being absolutely delicious, it is oh so moist!
– 8 ounce package of softened cream cheese
– 2 1/3 cups sugar
– 3 eggs
– 3/4 cup water
– one stick of butter
– 3 ounces unsweetened baker’s chocolate
– 2 cups flour
– 1/2 cup sour cream
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 6 ounces of chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
2. Combine softened cream cheese and 1/3 cup of sugar in a bowl. Blend in one egg. Set mixture aside.
3. Combine butter, water, and unsweetened chocolate in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stirring contantly, let the butter and chocolate melt and bring to a boil. Once mixture has come to a boil, remove from heat and set aside.
4. Cream 2 cups of sugar, 2 eggs, and sour cream. Mix in baking soda, salt, and flour. Finally, pour in chocolate mixture that was set aside while blending slowly.
5. Pour batter into a greased 9×13 baking pan. Pour cream cheese mixture on top of the batter. Using the blade of a knife, marbleize the cream cheese mixture into the chocolate batter. Finally, sprinkle the top with chocolate chips.
6. Bake at 325 degrees for 35-40 minutes. Check to see if the Marble Squares are done by inserting a toothpick in the center of the cake. If it comes out clean, it is ready to come out of the oven and to be enjoyed!
I hope you enjoy these Marble Squares just as much as I do! Feel free to stop by my blog and try some of my other recipes as well. Thanks so much, Julie, for letting me stop by to share! :)”
Join the discussion 7 Comments
This looks utterly scrumptious!! Thanks for sharing the recipe! I need a dessert for a Super Bowl party so this might be perfect! I’m going to go check out Heidi’s blog! =)
Ergo – Blog
Oh it looks devine! Really love cream cheese and it sounds like a winner 🙂 thank you so much for recipe and have a lovely day
This looks fantastic! I may have to make this for myself sometime. 🙂 I have a huge sweettooth, so I think it is inevitable. I was hoping to bake something tonight, as it were…
That looks so good, I think I will give it a try this weekend. Thanks for sharing!
OH MY GOODNESS, these look delicious!!!
It looks so yummy!
omg these cakes look super nice and particularly indulgent in the close up shots!
would you like to follow each other?