Lately I’ve been:
– Realizing I need to start getting in a Christmas state of mind. (It will be here before we know it!)
(Chicago Renegade – Sept. 6+7 – Wicker Park. 11AM-6PM)
– Slowly making progress on the new Julie Ann Art website. You guys. This shit is hard.
– Getting excited for fall. I am honestly just sick of sweating in our house all day. Gimme some cool air please.
– Still going to cardio barre. I have such a love/hate relationship with it. And it never gets easier, wtf?
– Craving a change with my hair. But the last time I chopped it did not go well so I’m skurred.
– Realizing I’m approaching two big business milestones:
1.) 30k sales in the shop
2.) 2 year anniversary of self-employment
– Missing blogging, or more-so, the connections it brings. I’d love to hear some blog suggestions in the comments!
-Becoming dangerously addicted to triple espressos on ice. Anyone else prefer the super strong taste of espresso?
– Drooling over our wedding photos. I can’t wait to share them with you!
– Feeling so thankful right now. Our lives have been full of lots of love and great people.
– Thinking I should clarify that the above pic was taken soon after a shower. My hair is wet. Not greasy. FYI. ;]
– Wondering if blog readers are still out there. And if so, what’s been new with you??
Join the discussion 14 Comments
Blog readers are still out there. It’s the commenting part that most people (myself included) struggle with. Congratulations on your two big milestones! I’ve always wanted to possibly have my own business, but it’s figuring out what I’m good at, that could be sustainable, that is the challenge.
I too want a change for my hair, but I’ve spent nearly three years trying to grow it out, so I doubt I’ll chop it off just yet.
I can’t wait to be able to drink real coffee/espresso again. I’m currently pregnant so I’m having to have decaf or nothing at all for my iced lattes. [pout]
Still here. You’re right about that Christmas thing (super scary). And I never would have thought twice about that hair thing you mentioned. As for blogs I’m loving right now – Elise Blaha’s as always, Clover & Dot, and Ann Marie Loves Paper.
What’s new with me? Working in the city I live in for once (as a traveling consultant, that’s pretty hard to come by), learning to cook because now I’m actually at home and can’t afford to spend money eating out every night (all easy recipes are appreciated), and just stopped seeing the boy I’d been seeing for 10 months so open to new life possibilities. I’m also considering hosting a homemade greeting card making workshop, but need to get my shit together. Also also, I keep meaning to send you penpal mail and failing at that too. Hopefully I can do that soon.
Have a great day!
Wow! Two years of self-employment. Two years! Where did it go?
I keep popping into your blog when I see that you’ve made a new post — and often to find old posts that I remember seeing and would find helpful at that particular moment…like the black bottom cupcakes :). I think as long as you keep posting I will keep popping in.
My new site is WordPress with an e-commerce plug-in. :]
I love the above photo, your hair, lipstick, and the sign…OF course! You’re an inspiration, get it girl.
I miss blogging too but it is always the last thing on my to-do list :/. Excited for Chicago…I need to get some shit made! It’s going to be busy.
We’re still here! Love the wet, not greasy, clarification. I often run out of the house with my hair half wet and get nervous people think I haven’t showered in a week.
A day in the life of the “married” Julie would be overdue – or just an update on your routines now-a-days… Your summer drink for 2014 cause we know you and your rum!?
New business advice as you’re expanding and growing?
We miss your blog posts but I’m sure we all still follow along in your daily life with your social media accounts!!
That is amazing! Congratulations on your two upcoming milestones 🙂 I absolutely adore how real your are when you post, definitely refreshing from the other blogs I’ve been reading lately!
Just like others before me have mentioned, your blog is one that I keep coming back to, no matter how long it’s been from your last post. I love your candid and sincere posts! I’d love to hear more about your business, the behind the scenes stuff, and any business advice you can dish out. Hope to hear more from you soon!
Congrats! Love these posts. Especially love your business advice posts and behind the scenes. Thank you for your inspiration and honesty 🙂
Please keep your blog going! I know it can be discouraging in a world where the platforms keep changing but you do a wonderful job and are always inspirational. 🙂
I love your sign! It just inspired me to look into getting my own made, Congrats on your business milestones! Those are some impressive sales. Looking forward to seeing some wedding pictures 🙂
Still here! Love that sign.
I would love to see a day in the life post on the blog and of course we can’t wait to see the wedding photos.